Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Hyacinth Macaw Abstract

 Hyacinth Macaw Abstract

Hyacinth Macaw Abstract
Buy A Print

Here is one of 2 recent parrot digital paintings I made in the vector graphics program called Inkscape. I'm trying for a more abstract look in my newer animal art. I find that the most difficult part in creating art in color is choosing the right color combinations, for this composition I was aiming for colors that blend with the blue of the Hyacinth macaw to give the painting a unified look. Using black for the tree branch and background contributes to a contemporary look and makes the colors pop out.

I hope you enjoy this Hyacinth Macaw digital painting as much as I've enjoyed making it, and I would be thrilled if you would like to purchase a print. It is available at Pictorem on a variety print surfaces ranging from rolled prints and stretched canvas to metal and acrylic. And every print has FREE shipping in Canada and the US.

You can also buy my Hyacinth macaw design on various merchandise such as iphone cases, tshirts and posters at Redbubble

 

Did You Know...? 

The Hyacinth macaw is the largest in the parrot family of birds, weighing a whopping 5 lbs. and has a wingspan of nearly 4 feet! Now that's big! They are found in South America in the countries of Brazil, Bolivia, and Paraguay.