Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Coonhound Vector Art

 

Get this picture on posters, prints and gifts
 

When I was thinking about making a new vector illustration of a dog, a Coonhound is what came to my mind and this is the result. Coonhounds were developed in America during colonial times, they were used for hunting raccoons and other animals found in North America, hence the name "coonhound". Coonhounds are friendly and require a lot of exercise to keep them happy. 
 
 There are six types of coonhounds, the black and tan, which I suppose is what I drew (I'm not that familiar with the breed, black and tan markings is just what came to my mind when I thought "coonhound"), there's also the Redbone coonhound, the English coonhound, Bluetick coonhound, Tree Walker coonhound and Plott coonhound. Each type except for the Plott coonhound decended from the Foxhound.
 
My  coonhound art is sold on posters, prints and gift items at https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/140223153